WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It is the most popular CMS in the world, with a market share of more than 60% of all websites that use a CMS.
WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, but it has since evolved into a full-featured CMS that can be used to build a wide range of websites, from small personal blogs to large corporate websites and online stores.
Some key features of WordPress include:
- A user-friendly, intuitive interface for managing content
- A large selection of pre-designed themes and templates for quickly creating a visually appealing website
- A plugin system that allows you to extend the functionality of your website with additional features and tools
- Support for multiple users and roles, making it easy to collaborate on website development and content creation
- Built-in search engine optimization (SEO) features to help improve your website’s visibility in search engine results
To use WordPress, you will need to install it on a web server and set up a MySQL database. There are a number of hosting providers that offer one-click installation of WordPress, making it easy to get started. There are also many resources available online to help you learn more about WordPress and how to use it.